So here's a reminder of my beads
I wasn't quite sure to start with what I was going to do, I did want the flower pendant to be the centre piece of a necklace so wanted to keep it simple to show it off, other than that it was a bit of a blank canvas so to speak of what I would do with the beads!
Here's the first piece I made
Quite a girly bracelet for me, I teamed Caroline's bird bead with the 2 pink rounds from Lesley and added some gorgeous pink faceted Czech glass rounds with hematite spacers, finished off with a black Vintaj hook and a couple of flower dangles and the leaf.
When I had first seen the sari silk I had the idea of a wrapped bangle, but then as I played around with the flower focal I decided upon a wrapped bar for the focal to hang from.
Here's my second piece, I think I'm pleased with it, I wanted a bit more of a chunkier chain but I didn't have any in my stash. What do you think?
I wrapped a length of patina'd thick copper with the sari silk and wire wrapped the ends to make it more secure, from the same thick copper I made a hook clasp. I had a set of lampwork beads in a similar blue with pink/purple frit and wanted to work them into the design but when I linked them into the chain it looked too busy, so I kept just one to hang the flower focal from. To balance the hook I wrapped the purple bird with the blue donut bead and added them to the opposite side, finished off with the copper trace chain.
Thanks for joining me and taking a look at my pieces, I enjoyed taking part and would like to thank both Lesley and Caroline for organising it and making the beads and also to Claire from Smitten Beads for supllier the gorgeous sari silk. I hopefully will take part in a few more challenges in the future now I've done my first one and it wasn't too painful!
Please do take a moment to have a look at my fellow challenge designers blogs and the designs they came up with their beads!
- Lesley Watt - http://thegossipinggoddess.blogspot.co.uk
- Caroline Dewison - http://www.blueberribeads.co.uk
- Kathy Lindemer - http://bay-moon-design.blogspot.co.uk
- Vicky Roberts - http://thebeadshopliverpool.blogspot.co.uk
- Lori Bowring Michaud - http://artfullyornamental.
- Leigh Thow - http://jewellrleigh.blogspot.co.uk
- Steph L - http://stringaholic.blogspot.co.uk/
- Kristi Harrison - http://kristibasket-itsanewday.blogspot.co.uk/
- Lucy Haslam - http://faerystone.blogspot.co.uk/
- Penny Neville - http://copperpennydesigns.blogspot.co.uk/
- Kristen Stewart - http://kristen-beadjourney.blogspot.co.uk/
- Erin Prais – Hintz – http://treasures-found.blogspot.co.uk/
- Klassy Joolz - http://klassyjoolz.blogspot.co.uk/
- Jenny Argyle - http://keithagnestutorialsdesigns.blogspot.co.uk
- Shaiha - http://shaihasramblings.blogspot.com
- Claire Lockwood - http://www.somethingtodowithyourhands.com/
- Patti Gasparino - http://www.mylifeunderthebus.typepad.com/
- Suhana Hart - http://www.buttonedupbeads.blogspot.co.uk
- Toltec Jewels - JewelSchoolFriends.com